After temporarily pausing our in person volunteer opportunities for the health and safety of our staff, students, and volunteers, CommunityGrows is excited to welcome back volunteers for 2023-2024!
Scroll down to fill out our volunteer interest form!
At CommunityGrows there are a lot of ways for people to volunteer their time and talents: in the gardens, in the kitchen, in the office, helping with capacity building projects. Share with us your skills and interests and we’ll put them to good use!
Browse some options and examples of past volunteer projects and needs. Please note, some volunteer positions depend upon staff capacity and open positions (ex. classroom volunteer positions). Fill out the Volunteer Interest Form with your top choices and a CommunityGrows staff member will get back to you with options.
- Salad Days in the Garden
- Classroom Support (assist educators in the garden and cooking classes)
- Weekend Workdays & Special Events (see events calendar)
- Blog Writing
- Communications (graphic design, canvassing, social media, etc.)
- Art - drawings, painting, cartoons, etc.
- Host a Fundraiser
- Data Entry
- Salesforce Expert
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Social Media Coordinator
- Office Admin (various responsibilities)
In-school classes are scheduled Monday-Friday 8am-4pm and after-school classes Monday-Friday 4pm-6pm. Volunteer dates and times mirror our educators class schedules (30-60 minutes/class). Please note that each grade has a 7-9 week session of garden classes, after which the class schedule (dates/times) will change for the next grade. This means volunteer schedules will also continue to change throughout the year.
- Step 1: Read the volunteer page thoroughly, including the FAQs. If you think you will be able to commit to 8 consecutive weeks of volunteering, and that your availability allows you to become involved, reach out to the volunteer coordinator and express which projects you’re interested in.
- Step 2: Interview with the volunteer coordinator to find the best volunteer fit for you and CommunityGrows.
- Step 3: Review and fill out the New Volunteer Packet, Volunteer Agreement, and get a LiveScan fingerprint.
- Step 4: When the paperwork is approved, schedule a time to meet the educator and tour the site you will be working at.
We ask that volunteers commit to working with us for a minimum of 8 consecutive weeks.
18 years old (see weekend workdays and special events for youth volunteer opportunities).
Complete the volunteer interest form and a CommunityGrows staff member will be in touch to explore tailored volunteer opportunities. We look forward to working with you!Fill Out the Volunteer Interest Form
“As a volunteer for the K-5th grade garden class at Cobb Elementary School, I enjoyed watching the kids explore the outdoor garden classroom with wonder and excitement. Whether it was learning to germinate seeds in a Ziploc bag, picking and eating cherry tomatoes, or digging for worms in the dirt, there was never a dull moment”
“Every Wednesday, I left class with an increased sense of wonder and renewed interest in the small details of the world around me. Getting the opportunity to learn, create, and expand my world alongside these kids was very special, and I can’t wait to see what is in store for the garden class in the future”